......well maybe not our back yard, but it's in our neighborhood. I'm always looking for a new place to go walking in the woods and today we were gonna go check out a place in Hickory, but time got away from us today so I suggested lets go explore more of our neighborhood. We headed down through the Teagues back yard and followed deer trails, ATV trails, found a small creek that got wider as we walked until we heard a water fall? Yup, to our
surprise a beaver had built a small dam and was hanging out while we checked it out. I was surprised to see how curious he was. We got a tail slap but then I think he realized we meant no hard and just kinda hung out till we moved on. Found a tree which I think has a story behind it, by the looks of the twist I'll guess tornado. It was a great walk in the woods on a clear crisp day with temps around 25.
I think this is a partial albino goldfinch that was at our feeders this morning. During the summer we have a partial albino robin that hangs around.
No comments:
Post a Comment