Jan 3, 2009

NC nature preserves

Over the past week I've been looking for some new places for day trips so while searching the web I discovered that in the Charlotte area there are several nature preserves to explore. Not only do they have thousands upon thousands of acres for wildlife to call home, miles upon miles of trails to walk it's FREE! I like free. We spent New Years Day at Reedy Creek which is the smallest of the preserves but it was well worth the trip. I'm looking forward to making it back down there real soon. If interested in these parks go here ---> www.parkandrec.com

2 comments:

grk said...

Have you all been to the New River Gorge in WV? THere's cheap camping, and many lakes, gorge hiking and climbing. Wait, climbing? what's that?

Anyway, fun for all. Glad you guy s are getting out there. LInville Gorge is nice too.

TJ and Gail said...

have not made it that way yet, but would like to. bill and betty have some fav spots there also