Jan 27, 2009

Made where???

My old Dexter's purchased in 1986 while serving in Alaska, time to say goodbye old friend. Finding a good replacement boot this weekend was not an easy job, and I mean job. This was not a fun time or enjoyable time since we will not buy things made in China. I gave up trying to find something in a store you can walk into so off to the on-line shopping. I went to www.sierratradingpost.com and found several boots NOT made in China and in my size. I love this site because it states where the items are made. After picking out the boot I wanted I checked out other items since they were having a 50% off second pair sale. I decided to check out to see if they had any Chaco's in my size and to see that Made in USA. WHAT!!!! MADE IN CHINA, what the crap. I e-mailed the company to confirm this and this is true, as of July 2008.
It's a sad day.

4 comments:

mohohens said...

wow even paco chaco is more concerned with profit than quality and loyalty. glad mine were made before july 2008.

TJ and Gail said...

so were ours and if repairs are needed at least those are done in the US.

Unknown said...

wow. crazy! mine were also made before july 2008.

G said...

Yes. China is the shoe manufacturing mecca. Man. and I wanted a new pair. Guess I'll have to find some used on Craigslist or at the Goodwill. Ryan just scored some almost new Merrells for $10!! One good thing about living in hippie hiker country.