Oct 1, 2010

Meant to be........

In 2003 my neighbor Betty was camping with her family in the Mountains of NC and stopped into a place that sold handmade wood items like this cool hornbeam "ironwood" cup.

Well this weekend we're gonna have a yard sale and when I was over at Betty's I saw the wooden cup and told her I thought that was really cool, but the rule is that we don't go home with each others stuff since we're purging our homes of stuff.

Back in 2003 this was going to be our Christmas present. Betty thought that maybe we would relate this to the Holy Grail (Indiana Jones had a simple wooden one), but then her Mom said that we might think this blasphemy since we were really "religious" people. So Betty kept this, didn't like it at all, but just kinda tucked it away here and there. At one point it was in her living room (I never noticed) but then once she got to know me, thought she couldn't give it to me now, I might think that she was just giving me some of her old used stuff. (I like used stuff).

We both laughed about it and now I have a candy dish that is really cool. It was mine all along. I just didn't know it. In this home we call that a Godincident.

No comments: