Oct 17, 2010

Camping @ Crosswinds

We left the house on Wed heading to Crosswinds campground at Jordan Lake S.P. It was quiet, that was until Friday when the families with the screaming children showed up. But otherwise it was quiet, that is until the planes from the Raleigh/Durham airport traveled the flight plan that was over the campground. But otherwise it was quiet.
We had a nice looooong weekend to sit, eat, bike, hike, did I say eat, and watch a campfire. We headed into Apex to check out the local coffee shop and then headed down to the bakery. This place is AWESOME!!
We....I mean I played with toads, snakes, and one anole. We watched herons, ospreys, hawks and one deer. And just enjoyed the time away from work and us together. I think we'll be back to Crosswinds campground, but next time it will be spring/early summer.



<~~found a rough green snake while hiking a path




<~~site C53









<~~he's my Awesome!!






<~~sunset @ Jordan Lake

No comments: