Sep 15, 2008

nothin' new

Not much going on around the Hill house, we've been waiting for the hot to leave and the nice to arrive which it's going to this week, soooooooooooooo we're headed down to Badin Lake with yaks in tow for a nice weekend with Chris and Laura. There's nothing like pop tarts cooked over an open fire.



The pic is a velvet ant male w/his lunch. I know it's creepy but these guys, the velvet ant amaze me. This type is call a cow killer, they say it's sting is so painful it will kill a cow, the female is wingless, bright red and fuzzy. I've only seen her once but I hope to get a pic of her also.


2 comments:

naomi-goo said...

The pic looks cool! I have never heard of velvet ants before. But I just couldn't help but getting goosebumps and feeling a little chilly behind my neck...lol

TJ and Gail said...

it gave me the hebegebes trying to get the pic, that's the only thing I don't like about this time of year....spiders.