Apr 16, 2011
Croatan National Forest
Our first camping trip of the year. Whoohoooo!! Headed down to Croatan Nat'l Forest to camp for the week. On our way down the truck started making a really loud tickticktick when we got to Jacksonville. We made it to the campgrounds but figure we should take the truck somewhere to have it checked out, since we were gonna do a lot of traveling while down there. The weather was great, but the campground wasn't what we expected. It was open and the sites were close together. You could see everyone and they could see us so we figured we would drive around and check out the area instead of hanging close to camp. Only one rental place and the only car to rent was a DTS Cadillac, we were stylin'. Went to see Aunt Bobbie @ Emerald Isle, checked out Fort Macon, over to Beaufort and up to Neuse River camping (that was nice, will return), hung out at Swansboro, over to Hammocks Beach S.P.. For pics go to the flickr link on the right. We came back early due to storms coming in since we don't like to break camp in the rain. Better luck next time. I forgot to mention the Whip-O-Will, every night......................I prefer frogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't think I can look at your pictures any more without missing NC even more. Man it is gorgeous out there. Nice pop up too. We would be camping all the time, even with a newborn, if we had those digs.
We prefer the mountains more-so than the ocean, but I'll take camping just about anywhere. The camper is one of the best investments we have made. Bought it used 3 years ago for $2,500 off of craigslist and have definitely gotten our money's worth.
Post a Comment