Jan 13, 2011

Memories

Lately I've been very homesick for Wisconsin winters, and all the seasons, hanging with the family out at the lake, and the smell of cows. Yes I love the smell of cows and their manure. I would love to be able to move back to the Chilton area, but the only way that's gonna happen is to win the lottery. I have memories of Friday night fish fry's, fresh and deep fried cheese curds and the bakeries. Real bakeries, not those in-store things. One of my favorite baked goods are peanut squares. I can remember asking Mom as a kid, if I could run down to Berens Bakery down the street for peanut squares, but you had to get there really early or they would be sold out. So today I took a vacation day and searched the net for recipes. Behold the power of the Internet, I found a recipe for peanut squares and 4 hours later.............














http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peanut-Squares/Detail.aspx

I followed this recipe and they are just as I remember them to be.

1 comment:

Carl said...

Wow...those look really GOOD!!!! I hope the snow in NC this year will give u a little taste of what you remember as a kid. :)