Oct 28, 2009

natural born killer

Don't get me wrong, I love CrazyCat aka Mama Kitty but sometimes I wish she didn't act like a cat. You know, the killing and tormenting of critters that are just trying to survive. She gets all the food she needs so she doesn't need to hunt for food. There are tons of camel crickets out there to play with, not to mention all the leaves that blow across the yard to chase.
This morning when I went to take out stuff to recycle there she was with this poor little chipmunk under her paw on the deck. Well of course I took it from her!!! I figured it was about dead so I was gonna take it to the woods across the street but then I noticed it was breathing steady and only one visable surface wound to it's belly so I thought what the heck, let's see what happens. After a few hours it has perked up and for the day it will rest in the tub with paper tubes and paper towels to hide in along with peanuts and water of course.

1 comment:

naomi-goo said...

AWEEEEE!!!! SO CUTE!!!!! LOL