Jul 15, 2009

Nature - love it or hate it

Typically I love snakes. I love to watch them, handle them and observe them in their natural habitats. That is until I find one up in the tree, after it has eaten the 3 baby robins I've been watching for the past few weeks.

Notice the wide girth, that's the babies. No I didn't kill the snake but I was really irritated. TJ helped me get it out of the tree. I called for neighbor Betty (she likes snakes too), we took some pics then put it down into the back yard. The robins have not returned and I miss seeing them in the back yard collecting worms and bugs.





I've never seen a black snake with such a clear pattern before.
TJ went back to working on the Jeep drive shaft while we messed with the snake.

1 comment:

naomi-goo said...

...sad to hear about the robbins, but that is a pretty snake!