Once again we returned to my favorite camping place, Pettigrew S.P. on the East side of N.C. Our neighbors Bill & Betty got out there one day before us. TJ and I headed out Tue night then stayed in a hotel for the evening so we could be there when they first opened up which is 8am (we arrived @ 8:06). We did the regular things, hiked, kayaked, searched out wildlife and handled it, ate lots of things we shouldn't and enjoyed the 4 nites 5 days while we were there. Things we saw: bees traveling thru piliated

woodpeaker, tons of turtles & frogs, toads, one snake, wood ducks, Osprey, and one black bear.






3 comments:
We are heading out again this weekend. Our new ones weren't quite sure about camping experience #1 (Kendric didn't understand why we would ask him to leave his house and bed to sleep outside in a tent). But they are getting the hang of it and learning to enjoy the experience!
I guess I never saw this primitive act through the eyes of someone with Kendric's background. I do prefer the simplicity of camping, no computer, phones, TV......but I'm happy to hear that the whole gang is having fun in these adventures.
Post a Comment