Oct 26, 2008

Blue Ridge Parkway

We set out in the a.m. to see the leaves changing up in the mountains on the parkway, but first we headed to New River State Park to check it out. We walked a short trail and came across several turkey hens that did not appreciate us being in their territory and then we headed down where the camp sites are. They were nice sites for pack in camping only but across the narrow river is a working cabbage farm. So if you don't mind listening to workers hollerin' back and forth, go for it, but not for us. We then moved on down the parkway to Julian Price campground, our neighbors recommend this place and said it's great for kayakin'. The park closes Nov thru April, but it does have some amazing camp sites, and nice bathrooms, that's always a plus. We may check them out next year. We then ended up in Blowing Rock and the place was packed with more people than I wanted to be around. We saw a couple, late 50's to early 60's walkin' down the street pushing a "baby buggy", but the baby was a well groomed, bow wearin' Lassawhatever dog!!! Man I wish I could of taken a picture of that but I don't think Mommy and Daddy would have appreciated it because I would have lost it and fell to the ground rolling in tears of laughter. So we ate some food, got some fudge and headed home.
It was a long day, but a good one.....................................yes, it was nice.

No comments: