Apr 28, 2008

1st camping weekend of 2008, perfect!!

This past weekend we headed over to Pettigrew State Park, it's a swamp and what an incredible place to hang out for 3 days. We saw wood ducks in the trees in our camp site, foxes, turtles everywhere, tree frogs, snakes, white ibis, huge skinks. Alligator at Roanoke Island along with bear tracks. The dunes at Jockey's Ridge at the Outter Banks, and the stars at night were awesome.


For more pics click here http://www.flickr.com/photos/54868272@N00/?saved=1

8 comments:

naomi-goo said...

NICE!!!!!

mohohens said...

Sweet. I am so jealous. Can you send some of that over here to MO? Man we miss NC!

TJ and Gail said...

Yeah, but you have your family there and I'm sure there are amazing places to camp, you just haven't discovered them yet http://www.mostateparks.com/

sarah said...

i want that turtle.

Emme Jay said...

that is a beautiful tree you are sitting in!

TJ and Gail said...

I tried to keep the turtle but TJ said no, so being the loving and respectful wife of my husband I let it go. Besides, it's a $2,000.00 fine if you get caught removing anything from a state park. And the cypress trees were amazing.

Unknown said...

Did you guys sleep in the hollowed-out tree? That thing is awesome.

Camping avec Clevengers, sans Jeep?

TJ and Gail said...

Nope, we tufted it out in the tent. I love my back to creation time, but when it comes to sleeping at night I prefer insect and spider free zones.